I thought it might be helpful to give you some reading ideas for the new year that may help expand your bible knowledge and foster a greater application of the truths taught. So, here are some of my recommendations:
Relating to the Doctrine of God:
- J.I. Packer; knowing God (A classic)
- Arthur W. Pink; The Attributes of God (one of my favorites, very helpful).
Relating to the Inspiration of the Scriptures:
- Edward J. Young; Thy Word is truth (very readable)
- Theodore Engelder; Scripture cannot be broken
Relating to Divine Providence:
- Calvin’s Calvinism: Treatises on the Eternal predestination of God and the secret providence of God. Translated by Henry Cole
Relating to the incarnation:
- Calvin’s Institutes are a great go-to for an overview of theology. In this case Book 2 chapters 12-14.
Relating to Justification:
- Charles Hodge; Justification by faith alone
- R.C. Sproul; Faith Alone: The evangelical doctrine of justification.
Relating to the Gospels:
- Tom Weaver; The Gospel Dilemma (helps to explain the transitional nature of the NT).
Hopefully, you find these suggestions helpful. Happy reading!
One thought on “My reading suggestions”
LikeLiked by 1 person